To lighten my load of stress I've decided on a few things. (Well, more than a few.)
1) Although I am going to keep tabs on my grocery spending, I am no longer going to report it on my sidebar. I was surprised at how accountable I felt once I knew I had to put my overage out there to the www. That accountability also brings stress and I need to lesson that. I know that sounds a little backwards, but I hope it's going to help me relax a little bit.
2) I'm going to slow down on my baby steps to better nutrition. The kids aren't enjoying some of the things I make and meal time has gotten more stressful because of it. I'm not going back to straight junk food, but I am going to say, reduce the amount of whole wheat flour I use in some of my baked goods.
3) With Jeff working a lot this week, I'm giving myself a little cooking break and have afforded myself some convenience food with the kids. Today I actually bought some po.ptarts. Those paired with some fruit and sausage patties will make for easy-going breakfasts before school.
4) Even with the extra convenience foods, though, I need to watch it. I've noticed that when I eat less nutritious foods, I feel worse... and I don't need that. I need filling, energizing foods. I also need to watch it because I've been stress eating and have gained back 3 of the pounds I've lost this year! ACK!
5) I'm going to make a plan. A list, actually. And then I'm going to take one or two items and assign them to a day to be accomplished. I need to fill my time and be productive to get out of this woe-is-me slump.
What do you do to bring yourself out of a stressful slump?