I want to read more books this year. I want to spend less time in front of the computer. Thanks to PaperbackSwap, I have lots of fun books waiting to be read!
- read every children's book in the house. I'm tired of reading the same ones over and over and over again. It's time introduce some "new blood" into our reading routine! :)
- reread Mitten Strings for God. I have been working on my 2008 (yes, 2008) blog book and rereading my Simple & Slow Friday posts. I had forgotten how much I really enjoy that book and how it puts my role as a mother into perspective. A MUST READ!
- finish Henry and the Great Society. I've been on chapter 2 for a couple of months...
- Lies Women Believe. I don't know that I'll finish this or not, I'll have to wait and see what it's really all about. I'm very sensitive to *Christian* books. If I don't agree with an author's use of words right off the bat, I generally don't finish the book. I'm very conservative in my beliefs.
- pick up Treasuring God in Our Traditions... again. I really want to give this book another chance. It comes highly rated at Amazon.
- The Power of a Praying Wife. See comments to Lies Women Believe. I really enjoyed reading Created to be His Help Meet last year and would like to continue growing in my role as help meet and wife.
- All New Square Foot Gardening. We will be doing a garden this year and not just in pots like last year!! Can't wait!
- finish Nourishing Traditions. I'm 3/4 through. I started this January 2008 and this book has totally changed to way I view food. HIGHLY recommended!
My reward for reading these books? To purchase Eat Fat, Lose Weight. (Unless I earn enough Swagbucks to get it free first!)